July 31, 2010

Hubbard's Cupboard!


If you read my blog on a regular or even semi regular basis; you know that I have just moved from Oklahoma to New York. The food prices here are overpowering. If Mother Hubbard lived here the CSI would be along for her and the doggie tout suite! Where I used to spend $100 for a month's food, I am now paying $200 plus! Now I ask you why is food so expensive here in New York???? Is it to pay for the freight from the 'mainland' to 'Long Island'? Or are we paying for Bloomberg's limos? Is it because the truckers got a raise here I don't know about???? I know that NY tax does not cover the whole escalation of prices so that isn't the reason.

Don't get me wrong. I love New York; particularly Nassau County. But my Oklahoma gauged Widow's Pension just doesn't go very far here. My dreams of seeing a couple of shows on Broadway on my dime are fading fast, never mind my trip to Ireland. I don't know about you but I don't like going on another person's dime all the time. I just want to be able to afford to do my own thing. Bottom line, if the food here was more affordable or I got a proper cost of living rise then I would be able to enjoy this wonderful county a lot more!

No comments: